East of Riyadh is a desert famous for its red sand. It is a huge area covering a big part of Saudi Arabia. Part of it is also called the "Empty Quarter".
However, there are lots of beduins and camels all over the place along the motorway. But the best scenes are a bit far away from the fence which lines up with the road in order to prevent the camels entering the motorway and getting killed. A top quality zoom lens will do a fine job. Extra care to be taken along the motorway though as the crashed and abandoned rusty vehicle bodies avery 300 metres clearly indicate the accident rate on this road.
- Copyright: Alfons Salmhofer (salmonelli) (108)
- Genre: Places
- Medium: Color
- Date Taken: 2012-01-21
- Categories: Daily Life
- Camera: Canon EOS 60D, Canon EF 100-400 mm L IS f/4.5-5.6, CMOS APS-C
- Exposure: f/14.0, 1/250 seconds
- More Photo Info: view
- Photo Version: Original Version
- Date Submitted: 2012-01-22 3:17