Walking along the sea side of Al Corniche, we met a group of local musicians playing traditional music.
The folklore songs of Qatar had an important function related to pearl diving, the daily life of the village community and the small towns, which used to depend in its economy and daily life on the sea. The folklore songs – the majority of which, are work songs – had a vital role in enriching the life of people and spreading the feeling of joy and enthusiasm for work, particularly, when ships are on sea searching for pearl and staying there for long months.
from 4th to 6th March, 2008 - 2 days in Doha, QATAR
- Copyright: Michael MK Fung (mansoelmundo) (63)
- Genre: People
- Medium: Color
- Date Taken: 2008-03-04
- Categories: Daily Life
- Camera: Canon EOS 350D, Canon 10-22mm EFS, 77mm HOYA UV
- Exposure: f/6.3, 1/60 seconds
- More Photo Info: view
- Photo Version: Original Version
- Date Submitted: 2008-12-09 6:51