Another picture of the same place. This time, i have taken the maximum of my lovely lens. I have added maximal sharpeness and saturation as i love it! Hope you like the blue tones, mixed with the yellow-orange reflections of the upcoming dawn over the rocks and the lighthouse.
Nobody has marked this note useful
Critiques | Translate
avene (12675) 2008-07-22 9:52
well, Rabih, I fully agree that the lens is lovely, but I'm yet to be convinced that this is the best use of it - such a fast lens is best for action shots, and creative use of selective focus, and neither of those elements are strong in this photo.
the light here is beautiful, no question about that, but there are several things that I'm not particularly happy with:
1. dust on the sensor. that's a huge NO-NO for me;
2. composition - why did you put the lighthouse so far on the right? it is falling out of the frame right now. I realise you might have wanted to have both the lighthouse and the boat in the frame, but a slightly wider angle would do the trick and still retain a balanced composition;
3. also, on composition - I don't like the boulder in the foreground, it's too centered and distractive. I don't know what the location offered, but I'd try and have either the shoreline in the foreground as a natural frame, or nothing, going for a minimalistic composition with just the water and the lighthouse.
4. sharpness - where is that maximum sharpness you mention in you note? if you had it in the original file, it's lost in the uploaded version, since it's barely 89Kb instead of 200Kb that this site allows, and such a heavy compression always ruins the quality.
you have superb equipment, so I'm looking forward to your next posts :)
Jonathan_Tree (0) 2008-07-30 6:07
Very interesting lighthouse. Nice lightness and colors. Wonderful seascape.
- Copyright: Rabih Chour (rchour) (27)
- Genre: Places
- Medium: Color
- Date Taken: 2008-07-21
- Categories: Architecture
- Camera: Nikon D-300, Nikkor 70-200mm F2.8 VR, Hoya 77mm SuperHMC Pro 1D UV
- Exposure: f/4, 1/2500 seconds
- More Photo Info: view
- Photo Version: Original Version
- Date Submitted: 2008-07-22 9:23