A fire broke out on an Israel Railways train about 400 meters from the central Israeli Kibbutz of Shfayim just after 10 A.M. on Tuesday morning. All passengers managed to escape quickly, after breaking through the windows of the car and prying open the doors.
Five passengers were moderately hurt in the blaze, while another 110 or so sustained light injuries, including burns, smoke inhalation and cuts sustained from breaking glass. A number of other passengers were treated for shock.
Rescue workers reached the scene shortly after the fire began and helped evacuate the passengers still inside. Israel Railways said that the blaze started in the back engine, apparently due to a short electrical wire, and began crawling toward the cars. The train had been traveling south from Haifa at the time of the fire
- Copyright: Assi Dvilanski (asival) (5305)
- Genre: Places
- Medium: Color
- Date Taken: 2010-12-28
- Categories: Transportation
- Camera: Canon EOS 50D, Canon EF 100-400 f/4.5-5.6 IS USM
- Exposure: f/7.1, 1/400 seconds
- More Photo Info: view
- Photo Version: Original Version
- Date Submitted: 2011-08-31 1:25