- It has approximately 30 species in the wild, extending to South America, Africa, Madagascar, and tropical Asia. The first scientific description of a Gerbera was made by J.D. Hooker in Curtis Botanical Magazine in 1889 when he described Gerbera jamesonii, a South African species also known as Transvaal daisy or Barberton Daisy.
- Gerbera is very popular and widely used as a decorative garden plant or as cut flowers. The domesticated cultivars are mostly a result of a cross between Gerbera jamesonii and another South African species Gerbera viridifolia. The cross is known as Gerbera hybrida. Thousands of cultivars exist. They vary greatly in shape and size. Colors include white, yellow, orange, red, and pink. The center of the flower is sometimes black. Often the same flower can have petals of several different colors.
Model: FinePix S9600
Software: Adobe Photoshop CS2 Windows
Exposure Time: 1/80
ISO Speed Ratings: 200
Focal Length: 620/100 mm
Date Taken: 2008-05-17 14:21
Metering Mode: Pattern
Flash: Flash did not fire, compulsory flash mode
Critiques | Translate
brandstaetter (15915) 2008-12-08 3:58
a beautiful red tone and a nicely blurred background. I had the same camera, but never succeeded to get such a nice depth of field.
SAMANDI (302) 2008-12-13 22:45
very interesting Portrait, really original. Excellent composition .. Well done.
-- SADEGH --
ymrk (14955) 2008-12-14 6:46
Very beautiful color tones and compo.Good idea and shot!
Thanks for sharing,Congratulations,
patdeph (35748) 2008-12-14 22:58
this is a nice macro,where the red flowers is standoing out the green and blurred background very well!The sharpness is good !Very well done!
skippy007 (12510) 2008-12-16 18:52
Hello Mohammad, The lovely red on the flower really stands out against the blurred BG & is well placed in the frame, I also like the little bug on the petal adding some interest. Informative note, Thank you.
quillo (11850) 2008-12-17 4:15
Hello Mohammad Ali, a very beautiful macro
with good contrast of color and with
the point of interest of
the insect under the flower,
I like the result and with
your permission I include it to myself in my collection of: MACROS OF FLOWERS
Un saludo de Espaņa
jalab_temen (2193) 2008-12-17 5:29
Mo, I like it really, it is a nice macro image with amazingly sharp details (it might be uploaded to TrekNature). The intensive RED colour gives it a special charme. Regards, Jalab
Felip (3907) 2008-12-20 2:32
Amazing close up of this flower with a "visitor" stitched to it ;). Fabulous colours and contrast.
rey316 (22) 2009-01-12 2:57
perfect composition. beautiful red colours
didemay (2945) 2009-01-28 8:10
I salute your macro using ability:) Great DOF, perfect bright and contrast colors.
LeeLoo (0) 2009-02-01 4:54
Dear Mohammad Ali Banaei!
Very good sharpness.
BeBeHooker (0) 2009-02-05 2:34
Very funny flower. Good background. Perfect contrast and ideal sharp. Nice colors. Good work.
swiatopelk777 (0) 2009-05-07 10:07
Nice flower. Good contrast and sharp. Nice colors.
Greetings from Warszawa!
- Copyright: Mohammad Ali Banaei (banaei_nikon) (777)
- Genre: Places
- Medium: Color
- Date Taken: 2008-05-17
- Categories: Nature
- Camera: Fuji Finepix S9600
- Exposure: f/2.8, 1/70 seconds
- More Photo Info: view
- Photo Version: Original Version
- Theme(s): MACROS OF FLOWERS ........................ [view contributor(s)]
- Date Submitted: 2008-12-08 3:19