The afternoon that we arrived in St Ives, we went down onto Porthmeor Beach. I clambered over the rocks towards the sea and came face to beak with a couple of seagulls who had taken up temporary residence on a rock. For the most part they ignored me, enabling me to get fairly close with the camera. In St Ives the gulls are pretty used to humans and very bold - I've seen them snatch food out of people's hands several times.
Nobody has marked this note useful
Critiques | Translate
ornis (1271) 2003-04-22 10:18
What a pure and beautiful shot. Perfect up to the eye pupil!
yuricle (936) 2003-04-22 10:43
Amazing colours and details. I don't like the composition though, too centered :)
Rupes (913) 2003-04-22 14:57
Nice shot! I agree with yuricle:Beautiful colours and details.
- Copyright: Gwynne Penny (Pookanoodle) (482)
- Genre: Places
- Medium: Color
- Date Taken: 2003-04-17
- Categories: Nature
- Camera: FujiFinepix 6900Z, Circular Polarizer
- Exposure: f/11, 1/90 seconds
- Details: Tripod: Yes
- Photo Version: Original Version
- Theme(s): Seagulls [view contributor(s)]
- Date Submitted: 2003-04-22 9:25