This was one of the strangest sunsets I have ever seen. Greyish blue clouds broken by this intense red which was beutifully reflected in the incoming tide. The reason, is pollution from the giant steel works at Port Talbot, the largest in Europe, which is about 10 miles away. If you carefully just above the rocks you can see the smoke from the works just beginning to rise. The pollution was on the horizon and just starting to arc back into the sky giving this strange jet somehow beautiful effect.
Critiques | Translate
eman68 (151) 2006-04-16 4:36
Wonderful shot rich in colors.
The reflection in the tide is really great. I think you have used a long exposure time!
jsec (2122) 2006-05-09 15:05
I did'nt realise the steelworks were so close. I agree the colors along this coast are very odd. Nice long exposure.
- Copyright: Gerwyn Gibbs (gibbsy) (1535)
- Genre: Places
- Medium: Color
- Date Taken: 2004-07-00
- Categories: Nature
- Camera: Fuji Finepix S2 Pro, Tamron AF 28-75mm F/2.8 XR Di, Lee 105mm circular polariser
- Details: Tripod: Yes
- Photo Version: Original Version
- Theme(s): Colors of Light [view contributor(s)]
- Date Submitted: 2006-04-12 11:30
- Favorites: 1 [view]