Waterloo is the UK's largest station, covering an area of 24.5 acres. It is also home to the Waterloo International Terminal for the Eurostar conecting London to the rest of Europe by rail. The round building on the bottom left is the IMAX cinema with its eight story high screens.
Critiques | Translate
ktanska (24570) 2005-11-16 4:27
Interesting aerial photo showing so much of important infrastructure of London.
Is this really the biggest one? I know that the traffic to London is divided between many terminal, but about ten platforms I can count here is not so much compared to big continental stations.
- Copyright: Gary Pumfrett (pumfrettg) (122)
- Genre: Places
- Medium: Color
- Date Taken: 2003-09-07
- Categories: Transportation
- Exposure: f/1, 1 seconds
- More Photo Info: view
- Photo Version: Original Version
- Travelogue: Aerial London
- Theme(s): Subway stations! II, Train Stations [view contributor(s)]
- Date Submitted: 2005-11-16 4:10
- Favorites: 1 [view]