Blanche one of the steam engines that take tourists through Snowdonia National Park from Porthmadog on the coast of Wales to Ffestiniog 21km away.
Opened in April 1836 to carry slate, first pulled by horses. The first 2 engines came into service in 1863 at a cost of £1000 each. It now totally relies on tourists for income.
Nobody has marked this note useful
- Copyright: arnie mcnally (arnie) (1783)
- Genre: Places
- Medium: Color
- Date Taken: 2005-08-13
- Categories: Transportation
- Camera: FujiFilm FinePix S7000
- Exposure: f/4.5, 1/240 seconds
- More Photo Info: view
- Photo Version: Original Version
- Date Submitted: 2014-02-08 8:06