Via via XI: From our latest holidays in the UK:
After having been to the "Kilt Rock" where the weather was changing every moment and made the views on the Trotternish behind us very spectacular we knew we had to go back to the Quiraing. We took the road from Staffin to Uig and look!!! It seems that we are on "The Côte d'Azur" , sun, blue sea, great view on that little village and its harbour.
The village of Uig is located on Skye's stunning Trotternish peninsular. We are in a beautiful protected bay. There are lovely walks around the village taking in waterfalls, woodlands and cliff-tops. We are lucky to have amazing land and seascapes on our doorstep including the Fairy Glen which is an unusual miniature landscape of grassy, cone-shaped hills and the turret shaped rock called Ewen's castle.
Uig hosts lots of wildlife including buzzards, herons, oyster catchers and a resident sea otter and seal in varied habitats that include mature woodland, open moors and coasts.
* Do you want to know where Uig is located? Click then on the button "map:view" here on the right under the photo.
Nobody has marked this note useful
- Copyright: Viviane Faguay (Porteplume) (3393)
- Genre: Places
- Medium: Color
- Date Taken: 2013-05-09
- Categories: Nature
- Camera: Fuji FinePix S602Zoom
- Exposure: f/10.0, 1/200 seconds
- More Photo Info: view
- Map: view
- Photo Version: Original Version
- Travelogue: Via Via Scotland... May 2013
- Date Submitted: 2013-06-05 2:58