This glacier is at the head of Drygalski fjord, and carved out the fjord eons ago. This spectacular fjord is at the eastern end of South Georgia Island, in the southern Atlantic ocean. There is a lot of ice in the water from surrounding glaciers; the island is covererd with high mountains and heavily glaciated.
If you don't know where South Georgia Island is, try this South Georgia locator.
Nobody has marked this note useful
Critiques | Translate
Kolyamour (1760) 2005-02-13 0:51
First picture on TE from sub-Antarctic Islands! Beautiful picture of amazing place. Waiting for new pictures of this place.
May be some more water...
Thanks for share.
JennHen (500) 2005-02-13 2:11
Wow! What a breathtaking place! I love the blowing snow on the mountain peaks. Too bad about the noise in the photo - especially visible in the sky. Maybe try NeatImage?
pnphan (3957) 2005-04-04 21:08
very nice landscape and good capture of the place
- Copyright: david r' (trip) (860)
- Genre: Places
- Medium: Color
- Date Taken: 2001-12-09
- Categories: Nature
- Camera: Canon A-1, vivitar 70-210mm, Hoya Polarizer
- Photo Version: Original Version
- Theme(s): Magic places, Snow Peaks, Circumpolar - Scenes from earth's polar regions [view contributor(s)]
- Date Submitted: 2005-02-12 16:05