Canoeing on the River Alun
The River Alun is a small river in northwestern Pembrokeshire, West Wales which rises near Tretio Common and flows southwestwards past the city of St David's to empty into St Bride's Bay at the rocky inlet of Porth Clais.
The image was taken from the track on the hill overlooking Porth Clais from the west side. I had followed the canoeists along the river. They exited the river at Porth Clais and walked back along the track on the east side to the carpark while these chaps stored the canoes.
Critiques | Translate
snunney (82519) 2014-06-24 3:42
The colourful canoes attract the attention and make an excellent focal point. I like the overall composition and the graphism offered by the boats in the river and the mooring lines. Top class technical quality.
siudzi (33065) 2014-08-03 5:24
You have selected a great POV to present this interesting scene. Impressive details and colors, you achieved here, made the view attractive and eye-catching. Well done!
- Copyright: Trevor Moffiet (trevormoffiet) (3110)
- Genre: Places
- Medium: Color
- Date Taken: 2013-06-11
- Categories: Daily Life, Decisive Moment
- Camera: Olympus OMD EM5, Olympus M Zuiko 12-50mm 1:3.5-6.3
- Exposure: f/9.0, 1/640 seconds
- Photo Version: Original Version
- Travelogue: United Kingdom
- Theme(s): Harbours, Rivers, beaches and estuaries [view contributor(s)]
- Date Submitted: 2014-06-24 2:56