Photo taken on another hike in the Snowdonia National Park in NW Wales last weekend.
This is taken from near the peak of Glyder Fach (994m), looking NNW. Visible on the photograph are the following:
- Lake Bochlwyd (bottom right). Also known as "Lake Australia" due to the shape when seen from above;
- Lake Ogwen (middle right);
- The mountain to the middle right is Pen-Yr-Ole Wen (978m);
- The main A5 road, following the bottom side of the lake and heading up the valley;
- The Nant Ffrancon glacial valley heading North to the sea;
- Just below the cloud level you can just about see the island of Angelsey, separated from the mainland by the Menai straits;
Critiques | Translate
aferrao (1145) 2005-08-30 4:54
Good view along the valley. It makes me remind a glacier valley that we have here in Portugal in "Serra da Estrela".
bazal (7900) 2005-08-30 4:57
Impressive landscape ! The composition is well balanced and the POV allows a superb perspective on the valley. It's a little pity the middle lake is not entirely on the picture, but I understand it might be to large ! Thanks for sharing !
Schultzy (5446) 2005-08-30 5:56
Waouw, that's a phenomenal landscape !
Very nice colors, perfectly sharp. Great composition, great shot !
serenadanesi (944) 2005-08-30 7:48
Very nice picture, like from an airplane. Thanks for sharing.
eskay001 (106) 2008-12-27 8:59
It is hard to believe that the picture is a two-dimensional representation of a three-dimensional reality. The gradually fading colours, gradually softening detail as we go farther - everything is just perfect. If you ever write a book on photography, just let me know about it. Simply wonderful.
Saharanpur, U.P. India