Via via XIII: From our latest holidays in the UK:
Underway to the Quiraing on the Trotternish peninsular, via road A 855, we had a stop at Loch Leathan, to have a good view on the "Old Man of Storr".
The Storr is a distinctive part of the Trotternish landslip, see The Quiraing, where the breaking away of the edge of an ancient cliff has created pinnacles and highly unusual landforms. The Old Man of Storr is the largest of these pinnacles, and is especially conspicuous from the main road north of Portree.
* Do you want to know where the Old Man of Storr and Loch Leathan are located? Click then on the button "map:view" here on the right under the photo.
Critiques | Translate
Indrasish (2805) 2013-06-08 9:29
Great shot of a good location.. Like the sharpness and the water's color, composition is also well.. perfect light..
mirosu (12514) 2013-12-01 5:05
Excellent landscape photo. The perfectly lit mountains are the main focal point of this photo. There is a great use of depth of field to hold the viewer in the foreground blue water and small island as well as mountains in BG, and the excellent lighting conditions have allowed for very good color saturation. The overall impact is very strong. Very well done.
- Copyright: Viviane Faguay (Porteplume) (3393)
- Genre: Places
- Medium: Color
- Date Taken: 2013-05-09
- Categories: Nature
- Camera: Fuji FinePix S602Zoom
- Exposure: f/10.0, 1/250 seconds
- More Photo Info: view
- Map: view
- Photo Version: Original Version
- Travelogue: Via Via Scotland... May 2013
- Date Submitted: 2013-06-08 4:02