This is the Glenfinnan Monument at the head of Loch Sheil, about 30Km from Ben Nevis. It marks the spot where Bonnie Prince Charlie raised his standard in August of 1745.
The story tells that over 1000 Highlanders gathered here to greet him as his boat crept from the mist of the lake.
- Copyright: Patricia Gera (patgera) (127)
- Genre: Places
- Medium: Color
- Date Taken: 2005-05-03
- Categories: Daily Life, Nature, Decisive Moment
- Camera: Olympus C-8080 Wide Zoom
- Exposure: f/7.1, 1/800 seconds
- More Photo Info: view
- Photo Version: Original Version
- Date Submitted: 2007-10-11 1:18