At the top of Calton Hill in Edinburgh, Scotland is the beginning of the National Monument. Construction began in 1822 and was designed as a replica of the Parthenon in Athens, Greece. Intended to be a memorial to those who died in the Napoleanic wars, funds to build the monument ran dry and the monument was never completed.
Critiques | Translate
Sureyya (358) 2007-10-08 17:43
Very nice shot.
mpb001 (4602) 2007-10-08 18:57
Very interesting shot, Gregory. I do like your composition, very creative use of the stone work and grasses in the foreground, which then leads the viewer depper into the shot and the monument. The muted, yet natural colors really set this shot apart from a typical daylight scene.
- Copyright: Gregory Wagner (fotoguy22) (4795)
- Genre: Places
- Medium: Color
- Date Taken: 2007-09-25
- Categories: Ruins
- Camera: Canon 1D MKII N, Canon EF 22-55mm f/4-5.6 USM, 1 Gig CF card
- Exposure: f/18.0, 1/60 seconds
- More Photo Info: view
- Photo Version: Original Version
- Date Submitted: 2007-10-08 16:45
- Favorites: 1 [view]