British mail box on Main Street of Gibraltar, popularly known as Gib or The Rock , is a British territory at the southern tip of the Iberian Peninsula, and which corresponds to a small peninsula with a narrow land border with Spain to the North, being a headland militarily strategic for Britain at the entrance to the Mediterranean Sea that separates Africa from the European continent.
The name Gibraltar is derived from the Arabic jabal al-Tariq expression that means mountain of Tarique "
- Copyright: Joao Correia (sogal) (1247)
- Genre: Places
- Medium: Color
- Date Taken: 2012-04-22
- Categories: Daily Life
- Camera: FujiFilm FinePix HS20 EXR, Fujinon 30X / 24-700 mm Eq. f.8-6.6, Hama UV 58mm
- Exposure: f/3.2, 1/300 seconds
- More Photo Info: view
- Photo Version: Original Version
- Date Submitted: 2012-05-13 1:17