The Cayman Islands (Grand Cayman, Cayman Brac and Little Cayman) are an overseas territory of the United Kingdom in the Caribbean Sea. They were first visited by Christopher Columbus in 1503 and their first recorded English visitor was Sir Francis Drake. It was Drake who named them the Cayman Islands in 1586.
This photo was taken before Hurricane Ivan hit the islands in September of 2004. Considering it was the worst hurricane to hit the Cayman Islands in over 80 years, I wonder what if any of theses buildings were left. They were right on the water where the cruise ship 'tenders' came in carrying loads of people wanting to spend time on the island for a few hours.
- Copyright: Elizabeth Laden (eladen) (239)
- Genre: Places
- Medium: Color
- Date Taken: 2004-04-29
- Categories: Daily Life, Transportation, Architecture
- Camera: Canon PowerShot S500
- Exposure: f/10.0, 1/200 seconds
- More Photo Info: view
- Photo Version: Original Version
- Date Submitted: 2005-07-09 10:07