The mausoleum at Castle Howard stands serenely at a discreet distance from the main house.
Into my heart an air that kills
From yon far country blows:
What are those blue remembered hills,
What spires, what farms are those?
That is the land of lost content,
I see it shining plain,
The happy highways where I went
And cannot come again.
From A Shropshire Lad - A.E.Houseman
Nobody has marked this note useful
- Copyright: colin grice (four) (529)
- Genre: Places
- Medium: Color
- Date Taken: 2007-09-16
- Categories: Architecture
- Camera: Canon Digital Rebel 300D, Sigma 18-200mm
- Exposure: f/10.0, 1/125 seconds
- More Photo Info: view
- Photo Version: Original Version
- Date Submitted: 2007-09-16 9:43