The Skeleton in the walls of Norwich Cathedral commemorates 'Thomas Gooding' who died about 400 years ago.
The inscription reads ---
'All you that do this place pass bye
Remember death for you must dye.
As you are now even so was I.
And as I am so shall you be.
Thomas Gooding here do staye
Wayting for God's judgement daye.'
Enough to give anyone pause for thought.
Critiques | Translate
jhm (128297) 2013-10-20 5:19
This is a extraordinarily tomb with a nice inscription.
400 year old and now almost completely OK.
Nice clear and sharp picture.
Lovely composition excellent captured with nice depth and perspective.
Very well done, TFS.
Have a nice Sunday,
- Copyright: marion morgan (jester5) (1785)
- Genre: Places
- Medium: Color
- Date Taken: 2013-10-12
- Categories: Architecture, Artwork
- Camera: Canon PowerShot SX40HS
- Exposure: f/3.2, 1/20 seconds
- More Photo Info: view
- Photo Version: Original Version, Workshop
- Theme(s): Gravestones [view contributor(s)]
- Date Submitted: 2013-10-20 3:53