Hyde Park is home to lots (and I really mean LOTS!) of squirrels. The species is called "Eastern Grey Squirrel", and is originally from the eastern and midwestern United States. It has been imported to Europe, and thanks to its adaptability has replaced the Red Squirrel in many zones.
The squirrels in Hyde Park are accustomed to human presence, and will not be afraid of getting very close to anyone willing to give them something tasty. However, when you are a small furry creature it's better being safe then sorry, so they usually run away as soon as they have secured their snack. As you can see in this picture, these little furballs can run quite fast!
- Copyright: Alberto Revelli (icesurfer) (530)
- Genre: Places
- Medium: Color
- Date Taken: 2013-04-28
- Categories: Nature
- Camera: Canon 7D, Canon EF 70-300 mm f/4-5.6 IS USM, 67mm Hoya UV
- Exposure: f/8, 1/200 seconds
- More Photo Info: view
- Photo Version: Original Version
- Date Submitted: 2013-05-01 11:59