"You look at the past and derive some rule about the future. Well, the problems in projecting from the past can be even worse than what we have already learned, because the same past data can confirm a theory and also its exact opposite! If you survive until tomorrow, it could mean that either a) you are more likely to be immortal or b) that you are closer to death.
Both conclusions rely on the exact same data."
The Black Swan: The Impact of the Highly Improbable
Nobody has marked this note useful
- Copyright: Ahmad Gusti (DonGusti) (906)
- Genre: Places
- Medium: Black & White
- Date Taken: 2013-10-11
- Categories: Architecture
- Camera: Nikon D70s, Sigma 18-250 mm F3.5-6.3 DC OS, Nikon Circular Polarizer
- Exposure: f/8, 1/80 seconds
- More Photo Info: view
- Photo Version: Original Version
- Date Submitted: 2014-08-04 14:48