Blackfriars old bridge detail:
Only these four sets of quadruple-clustered cylindrical piers with foliated capitals standing clear of the water on granite plinths on cast iron cylinders filled with concrete are left. Joseph Cubitt and F T Turner designed the bridge, which was a lattice girder structure. The bridge was built in 1864 and dismantled in 1985.
Two railway bridges crossed the River Thames side-by-side to Blackfriars Station formerly named St Paul's. The downstream (easternmost) bridge of 1886, is currently being used by Thameslink trains.
Partial Wikipedia quote
Nobody has marked this note useful