On the way to work on the first day of snow in Bristol this winter, and the first real snow that has settled in almost ten years. I took this in colour and converted to B&W in PS and played with curves to give some definition to the snow.
Nobody has marked this note useful
Critiques | Translate
steveegg (418) 2010-03-01 9:08
Great title. And lovely snow texture - the processing here I think is spot on.
The person is a good focus for the shot, though closer would probably have drawn the eye more readily. (It's a shame sometimes that you can't just organise the world around your photography).
The composition here is very strong with the line of the railings. You also might want to consider a square crop - losing more of the railings might actually help accentuate their line. Finally, that lamppost is leaning quite a lot - would it be worth straightening the shot?
- Copyright: Robert Egginton (maderlock) (174)
- Genre: Places
- Medium: Black & White
- Date Taken: 2010-01-06
- Categories: Daily Life, Nature, Architecture
- Camera: Canon EOS350D/Digital Rebel XT, Tamron 17-50mm f2.8, Hoya 58mm Skylight
- Exposure: f/5.6, 1/125 seconds
- More Photo Info: view
- Photo Version: Original Version
- Date Submitted: 2010-01-08 4:40