Door to the Chapel of Boims - one of the most interesting buildings of old city of Lviv (Ukrainian: Львів - Lviv, Russian: Львов - Lvov, Polish: Lwów - Polish name is pronounced as Lvoov).
For 146 years (in 1772-1918) Lviv was part of Austrian empire ruled by Habsburgs. At that time the city was called Lemberg. However, I think this chapel stems from earlier period when the city belonged to the Kingdom of Poland (1375-1772).
Nobody has marked this note useful
- Copyright: Roman Isl (islendingur) (50)
- Genre: Places
- Medium: Color
- Date Taken: 2005-12-25
- Categories: Architecture, Artwork
- Camera: Canon PowerShot A60
- Exposure: f/2.8, 1/8 seconds
- More Photo Info: view
- Photo Version: Original Version
- Date Submitted: 2009-06-14 2:38