Toujours à la recherche de la vie juive sur cette terre.
Ce qui reste de la Grande Synagogue de Stryj complètement détruite pendant la guerre.
Un peu d'histoire de "ce qui reste" trouvé grâce au GOOGLE en anglais.
Today in Stryj one can see the remnants of the Great Synagogue from 1817. The construction was started thanks to the privilege, issued by King Stanislaw August in 1766 and was finished in Habsburg times.
During the second half of the nineteenth century, Rundbogenstil arched bands underwent significant change in Galician synagogue architecture. In a number of cases, the round arches were transformed into Moorish horseshoe arches, or trefoil, cusped, and pointed arches, as was the case in the synagogue of Stryi, remodeled after a fire of 1886. In this compilation, the oriental decorative components may have stood for the Sephardi, literally Spanish, rite. By adding an oriental aspect to the Rundbogenstil, that was occidental by its origins, the community and its architect achieved two goals: they visually overrode the conflict between the Ashkenazi and Sephardi rites in the same synagogue, and concomitantly made it dissimilar to other applications of the Rundbogenstil, which were used for a range of public edifices, from barracks and railway stations to Greek-Catholic churches.