The station (altitude 2061m/6762ft) is situated at the foot of the famous and notorious Eiger North Face.
Kleine Scheidegg, the pass between the Lauterbrunnen and Grindelwald Valleys, lies directly beneath the
towering trio of the Eiger, Monch and Jungfrau.
From here the Jungfrau Railway begins its journey to Jungfraujoch-Top of Europe which is the highest station in Europe at a height of 3454m/11333ft.
(Quoted from the Internet)
Nobody has marked this note useful
- Copyright: Malcolm Lee (xlgo) (562)
- Genre: Places
- Medium: Color
- Date Taken: 2009-01-19
- Categories: Nature
- Camera: Canon EOS 450D, Canon EF-S 18.55 IS
- Exposure: f/14.0, 1/500 seconds
- More Photo Info: view
- Photo Version: Original Version
- Date Submitted: 2009-02-08 11:14