This is the 1936 Katarinahissen bridge|tower|elevator|restaurant in Stockholm's city centre. It is located on the isle of Södermalm, almost 40m above ground level and open from May 'till September. A sign of the restaurant's name is located on the side: Gondolen.
The view from the top will probably give you a nice view on a part of the harbour and the old city centre. I wouldn't know, because I didn't go up for some unknown reason.
This weekend was the Stockholm Trek Meeting. Just a few people were part this: TE member and friend Rian and myself. (:
More Stockholm (and surroundings) pictures to follow in my travelogue: Getaway in Stockholm.
edit: holmertz gave me the correct name of the structure.
FlashEarth: 59.319974 18.073266
Nobody has marked this note useful
Critiques | Translate
paura (47186) 2007-08-21 15:57
Interesting urban architecture shot here. Nice the colored sky lighting.
Do you prefer the FlashEarth than the GoogleEarth?
- Copyright: Gilbert Sopakuwa (startacked) (1355)
- Genre: Places
- Medium: Color
- Date Taken: 2007-08-18
- Categories: Daily Life, Architecture
- Camera: Pentax *ist DS, SMC Pentax-DA 1:2.4 70mm Limited
- Exposure: f/4, 1/200 seconds
- Map: view
- Photo Version: Original Version
- Travelogue: Getaway in Stockholm 2007
- Date Submitted: 2007-08-21 8:56