Jokkmokk locality hosts every year a big Sami market (mainly in the open streets), and the place is extremely busy during that time with market stalls, exhibitions and all kind of activities - although it is the middle of winter and in the middle of Lapland, which means a very cold weather and very short daytime! On the day the picture was taken, the temperature reached -29oC...
A reindeer race takes place for fun everyday on the frozen lake, and it can get quite impressive when the reindeers start being nervous !
Nobody has marked this note useful
- Copyright: Odile Pfaehler (atoti) (71)
- Genre: Places
- Medium: Color
- Date Taken: 2009-02-05
- Categories: Festivals, Decisive Moment
- Camera: Canon Powershot A520
- Exposure: f/4, 1/125 seconds
- More Photo Info: view
- Photo Version: Original Version
- Date Submitted: 2009-08-06 9:08