A part of the Nativity Facade of the Temple Expiatori de la Sagrada Família.
The Nativity facade was built before work was
interrupted in 1935 and bears the most direct Gaudí influence.
The towers on the Nativity facade are crowned with
geometrically shaped tops that were probably
influenced by Cubism (they were finished around 1920).
The intricate decoration is loosely related the style
of Art Nouveau but reflects Gaudí's unique ideas.
Critiques | Translate
Buin (42468) 2006-07-01 5:54
Das ist ja eine unglaubliche Formenvielfalt - fast zuviel für's Auge! Durch die gute Schärfe kann man unheimlich viele Einzelheiten entdecken. Ein tolles Foto!
Grüße aus dem brütend heißen Siegen!
oriolm (1142) 2006-07-02 4:45
A masterpiece well captured! Congratulations!
TheMystic (912) 2006-09-12 16:51
This just popped up on random views: Thor, my friend, I cannot believe that this has only 4 points on it! While you didn't create this work of superb art, you certainly were creative in your pov and the care you took in processing! You are already one of my favorites, but this one goes into my favorite pics also!
- Copyright: Txxx Bxxx (thor68) (5586)
- Genre: Places
- Medium: Color
- Date Taken: 2006-05-31
- Categories: Architecture
- Camera: Canon EOS 300D, Sigma DC 18-200mm f/3.5-6.3, SanDisk Ultra ll 1GB, Hoya 62 mm UV
- Exposure: f/6.3, 1/100 seconds
- Photo Version: Original Version
- Theme(s): Twins? [Part XX], Architects: Antoni Gaudí (1852 – 1926), Christmas Nativities in Europe. [view contributor(s)]
- Date Submitted: 2006-07-01 5:42
- Favorites: 1 [view]