La Alberca is one of the most traditional towns in the province of Salamanca and is located at 1048 meters above sea level in the heart of the Sierra de Francia.
City of unique beauty was recognized in 1940 to be declared national artistic historic complex, having as attractive medieval architecture typical of all its houses built in granite and stone with wooden beams that have remained unchanged for centuries.
The Plaza Mayor where narrow streets converge is the center of the town and boasts granite cross as their symbol and is composed of buildings with balconies filled with flowers in the spring.
Nobody has marked this note useful
- Copyright: Joao Correia (sogal) (887)
- Genre: Places
- Medium: Color
- Date Taken: 2012-08-18
- Categories: Architecture
- Camera: FujiFilm FinePix HS20 EXR, Fujinon 30X / 24-700 mm Eq. f.8-6.6
- Exposure: f/3.6, 1/240 seconds
- More Photo Info: view
- Photo Version: Original Version
- Date Submitted: 2012-10-30 0:29