Walls and main entrance to the village of Ciudad Rodrigo a municipality of Spain in the province of Salamanca in the extreme south west of the autonomous region of Castile-Leon.
The origins of this historic village date back to the time of the Romans. Between the 6th and 9th century, this village was named Miróbriga.
The village is situated on top of a hill and is surrounded by walls dating from the 17th and 18th centuries and the historic centre of the village is a jewel of medieval architecture.
Nobody has marked this note useful
- Copyright: Joao Correia (sogal) (1183)
- Genre: Places
- Medium: Color
- Date Taken: 2012-08-19
- Categories: Architecture
- Camera: FujiFilm FinePix HS20 EXR, Fujinon 30X / 24-700 mm Eq. f.8-6.6, Hoya PRO1 Digital Circular PL
- Exposure: f/5.6, 1/500 seconds
- More Photo Info: view
- Photo Version: Original Version
- Date Submitted: 2012-11-13 1:40