Now called The Templar castle is located in what probably was originally a Celtic fort, in a similar position to that of other of El Bierzo. Subsequently, a site believed to be Roman and Visigoth.
By 1178 Ferdinand II of Leon allows the Templars established a parcel in the current Ponferrada. In 1180 the King issued immunity to repopulate the town that had emerged a century ago, documented the first fortification 1187.
Nobody has marked this note useful