The "Monumento al Campesino" (monument to the farmer# is located near the village of Mozaga in the geographical center of the island of Lanzarote in the municipality of San Bartolomé, a village in the sixteenth century, and since that time has a strong connection with agriculture despite large areas of lava, which hinders obtain products of the land and forced the peasants to great efforts to achieve this.
This struggle of the peasants with land cultivation, led the artist César Manrique to honor the peasant toil on the island creating the Monumento al Campesino, who along with House Museum lets have a knowledge of agriculture insular and traditional tools used.
Trip around the island of Lanzarote in: http://youtu.be/lm4azqn2gHo
Nobody has marked this note useful
- Copyright: Joao Correia (sogal) (939)
- Genre: Places
- Medium: Color
- Date Taken: 2013-06-24
- Categories: Architecture
- Camera: FujiFilm FinePix HS20 EXR, Fujinon 30X / 24-700 mm Eq. f.8-6.6, Hoya PRO1 Digital Circular PL
- Exposure: f/7.1, 1/900 seconds
- More Photo Info: view
- Photo Version: Original Version
- Date Submitted: 2013-09-21 1:57