The salt pans are just a few miles from Playa Blanca, one of the main tourist areas of Lanzarote. I had always just assumed that salt was white so was surprised at the different colours in the various pans, which do make for an amazing spectacle.
The total area of salt production is nearly half a million square metres. The salt is no longer exported, just used within Lanzarote.
- Copyright: Keith Taylor (Keitht) (1310)
- Genre: Places
- Medium: Color
- Date Taken: 2014-07-03
- Categories: Nature
- Camera: Canon EOS 5 D Mark II, EF 24-105 1:4 L IS USM, Circular Polarising
- Exposure: f/7.1, 1/125 seconds
- More Photo Info: view
- Photo Version: Original Version
- Date Submitted: 2014-07-13 3:16