Roque Nublo, is monolith rock of volcanic origin formed by erosion, its silhouette is 80 meters high and lies to 1813 meters altitude, is located within the Nublo Rural Park in the geographic center of island of Gran Canaria in the municipality of Tejeda, and is the natural symbol of the island, for its uniqueness.
Has great archaeological interest, because the Guanches, the pre-historic indigenous inhabitants of the island, was a sacred place where religious ceremonies and rituals performed.
Trip around the island of Gran Canaria in: http://youtu.be/3k-lrItL7kQ
Nobody has marked this note useful
- Copyright: Joao Correia (sogal) (1297)
- Genre: Places
- Medium: Color
- Date Taken: 2013-07-03
- Categories: Nature
- Camera: FujiFilm FinePix HS20 EXR, Fujinon 30X / 24-700 mm Eq. f.8-6.6, Hoya PRO1 Digital Circular PL
- Exposure: f/6.4, 1/250 seconds
- More Photo Info: view
- Photo Version: Original Version
- Date Submitted: 2014-01-31 0:38