The Dunes of Maspalomas located in the south of the island of Gran Canaria, covering an area of 400 hectares, a beach about 3 km and a lagoon with aquatic vegetation that is refuge for migratory birds
The area is protected and in 1994 was classified as a national park. The site is home to several species of plants endemic to the Canary prepared to survive in this arid environment, rabbits and lizards are also species that have habitat for the dunes.
The dunes can only be crossed on foot or by camel, providing an exotic experience worthy of the Sahara desert.
Maspalomas dunes in: http://youtu.be/VYRI8go-_4k
Nobody has marked this note useful
- Copyright: Joao Correia (sogal) (1084)
- Genre: Places
- Medium: Color
- Date Taken: 2013-07-05
- Categories: Nature
- Camera: FujiFilm FinePix HS20 EXR, Fujinon 30X / 24-700 mm Eq. f.8-6.6, Hoya PRO1 Digital Circular PL
- Exposure: f/7.1, 1/450 seconds
- More Photo Info: view
- Photo Version: Original Version
- Date Submitted: 2014-02-05 0:54