The Maspalomas Lighthouse is part of the southern landscape of the island of Gran Canaria, the silhouette of the lighthouse 65 meters high is seen over all buildings and palm, is witness Centennial other times at which constituted the only existing building at this point of the island.
The decision to erect it dates back to 1861. The works lasted for 28 long years. At that time the place was an uninhabited arrest without communication with the rest of the island. For the building of the lighthouse was constructed a pier to unload the materials, which could only arrive by sea. The Lighthouse would be enlightened in 1890. It was the only building at the end of a long line of sand that began in what is now English Beach and ended near the Maspalomas Oasis. Served as a guide to the steamboats that fulfilled the routes between Europe and America.
Trip around the island of Gran Canaria in: http://youtu.be/3k-lrItL7kQ
Nobody has marked this note useful
- Copyright: Joao Correia (sogal) (1245)
- Genre: Places
- Medium: Color
- Date Taken: 2013-07-05
- Categories: Architecture
- Camera: FujiFilm FinePix HS20 EXR, Fujinon 30X / 24-700 mm Eq. f.8-6.6, Hoya PRO1 Digital Circular PL
- Exposure: f/5.6, 1/400 seconds
- More Photo Info: view
- Photo Version: Original Version
- Date Submitted: 2014-01-24 1:11