Arucas is a city in the north of the island of Gran Canaria, is separated from the capital Las Palmas by the Ravine of Tenoya.
The town is dominated by the imposing and majestic Church of San Juan Bautista, neogothic style that has a tower 60 meters high, the highest of all the Canary Islands, and was built with stone from volcanic lava, its construction was started in 1909 and lasted for several steps to be completed in 1977
The historical city center has some historic and interesting buildings, most of them representing local architectural style of the nineteenth century.
Trip around the island of Gran Canaria in: http://youtu.be/3k-lrItL7kQ
- Copyright: Joao Correia (sogal) (1133)
- Genre: Places
- Medium: Color
- Date Taken: 2013-07-03
- Categories: Architecture
- Camera: FujiFilm FinePix HS20 EXR, Fujinon 30X / 24-700 mm Eq. f.8-6.6, Hoya PRO1 Digital Circular PL
- Exposure: f/4.5, 1/900 seconds
- More Photo Info: view
- Photo Version: Original Version
- Date Submitted: 2014-05-01 1:55