5 km north of the village of El Cotillo, a place known as Punta Ballena is El Toston lighthouse built in 1897.
The facilities also house the Lighthouse Museum of Traditional Fishing.
El Cotillo is a fishing village located in the west of the island of Fuerteventura. The village is a gem with a genuine atmosphere typical fisherman and many deserted beaches where reigns absolute calm.
The ex-libris of the village is the Fortress Tostón a cylindrical structure built in 1797 to protect the harbor from the pirate raids Moroccan and English.
Trip around the island of Fuerteventura in: http://youtu.be/2vOivty8NjQ
Nobody has marked this note useful
- Copyright: Joao Correia (sogal) (939)
- Genre: Places
- Medium: Color
- Date Taken: 2013-06-29
- Categories: Architecture
- Camera: FujiFilm FinePix HS20 EXR, Fujinon 30X / 24-700 mm Eq. f.8-6.6, Hama UV 58mm
- Exposure: f/5.6, 1/800 seconds
- More Photo Info: view
- Photo Version: Original Version
- Date Submitted: 2013-10-17 1:21