Photos

Photographer's Note

The Palace of the Bishop of Málaga, is located in the Plaza del Obispo, next to the cathedral , and often show various temporary exhibitions, but mostly it's interesting to see the building itself , a beautiful architectural work.

The Episcopal Palace bellisimos comprises a set of buildings, ordered the construction que'se under Bishop Laso de Castila in 1762 . The main façade has an impressive home , built with marble of various colors and veining . On the third floor of the facade, there is a niche with a statue of Our Lady of Sorrows , by the sculptor Manuel Agustin Valero.

Inside, there is a courtyard with a staircase leading to imperial type rooms where currently the exhibitions. This beautiful palace was destroyed in 1931 , after the war but reconstruction was undertaken in the year 1945.En Inside, there are the private gardens of the Bishop , with wonderful tiles of the eighteenth century.

Together with the cathedral ( the main façade also gives the square of the Bishop ) form one of the most beautiful and popular architectural ensembles . As a curiosity I will tell you who has also been repeatedly scenario movies such as " The Bridge of San Luis Rey. "


-------------------------------------------------


El Palacio del Obispado de Málaga, está situado en la Plaza del Obispo, junto a la catedral, y suele mostrar exposiciones temporales variadas, pero sobre todo es interesante de ver por el edificio en sí, una preciosa obra arquitectónica.

El Palacio Episcopal comprende un conjunto de bellisimos edificios, que´se mandó construir bajo el obispado de Laso de Castila en el año 1762. La fachada principal tiene una impresionante portada, construida con mármoles de varios colores y veteado. En el tercer piso de la fachada, hay una hornacina con una imagen de la Virgen de las Angustias, obra del escultor Manuel Agustín Valero.

En su interior, hay un patio con una escalera de tipo imperial que lleva a las salas donde actualmente se realizan las exposiciones. Este precioso palacio fué destruido en el año 1931, aunque pasada la guerra se acometió su reconstrucción en el año 1945.En el interior, también están los jardines privados del obispo, que cuenta con unos maravillosos azulejos del siglo XVIII.

Junto con la catedral ( la fachada principal dá también a la plaza del Obispo) forman uno de los conjuntos arquitectónicos más bonitos y visitados. Como dato curioso os diré que también ha sido varias veces escenario de películas, como por ejemplo 'El puente de San Luis Rey'.

ikeharel, besnard, cornejo, PaulVDV, chrislo, jhm, danos, shevchenko has marked this note useful

Photo Information
Viewed: 443
Points: 48
Discussions
  • None
Additional Photos by Luis Garcia (adramad) Gold Star Critiquer/Gold Note Writer [C: 4710 W: 5 N: 7573] (34959)
View More Pictures
explore TREKEARTH