castle of Bratislava
The massive rectangular building with four corner towers stands on an isolated rocky hill of the Little Carpathians directly above the Danube river in the middle of Bratislava. Because of its size and location, it has been a dominant feature of the city for centuries.
The location provides excellent views of Bratislava, Austria and, in clear weather, parts of Hungary. Many legends are connected with the history of the castle.
- Copyright: Lefteris Petroutsos (Lefteris13) (300)
- Genre: Places
- Medium: Color
- Date Taken: 2012-06-05
- Categories: Castles
- Camera: Nikkon D90, AF-S DX 18-200/3.5-5.6G ED VR II, 72 mm Circular Polariser HOYA
- Exposure: f/6.3, 1/3 seconds
- More Photo Info: view
- Photo Version: Original Version
- Date Submitted: 2014-05-23 23:27