Look at the roof of Karlovac from the Chapel of Peace, where the Treaty of Karlovac was negotiated and signed.
The Treaty of Karlovci was signed on 26 January 1699 in Sremski Karlovci, concluding the Austro-Ottoman War of 1683–97 in which the Ottoman side had been defeated at the Battle of Senta. It marks the end of Ottoman control in much of Central Europe and the beginning of the empire's phase of stagnation, with their first major territorial losses after centuries of expansion, and established the Habsburg Monarchy as the dominant power in central and southeast Europe.
- Copyright: Aleksandar Dekanski (dekanski) (1727)
- Genre: Places
- Medium: Color
- Date Taken: 2013-04-05
- Categories: Architecture
- Camera: Sony CyberShot DSC H50
- Exposure: f/3.5, 1/2000 seconds
- More Photo Info: view
- Map: view
- Photo Version: Original Version
- Date Submitted: 2013-12-18 9:45