Detail from the monastery Grgeteg, taken on wonderful October 21, 2012.
The Grgeteg Monastery is a Serb Orthodox monastery on the Fruška Gora mountain in the northern Serbia, in the province of Vojvodina. According to tradition, the monastery was founded by Zmaj Ognjeni Vuk (Despot Vuk Grgurević) in 1471. The earliest historical records about the monastery date back to 1545/1546.
Grgeteg Monastery was declared Monument of Culture of Exceptional Importance in 1990, and it is protected by Republic of Serbia.
- Copyright: Aleksandar Dekanski (dekanski) (489)
- Genre: Places
- Medium: Color
- Date Taken: 2012-10-21
- Categories: Architecture
- Camera: Sony CyberShot DSC H50
- Exposure: f/4, 1/4000 seconds
- Details: (Fill) Flash: Yes
- More Photo Info: view
- Map: view
- Photo Version: Original Version
- Date Submitted: 2012-10-21 14:50