Photos

Photographer's Note

The Beočin Monastery, whose church is dedicated to the Resurrection of Christ, lies on the northern slope of Mount Fruška Gora, near the road to Beočin. Its history can be traced back to the mid-sixteenth century, when the Monastery was mentioned for the first time in a Turkish defter. Under Arsenije III Čarnojević, it was renovated by monks of the Rača Monastery. Construction of today’s church begun in 1732, and it was enabled through donations of Milivoje Milaković from Futog, and his son Petar from Gložane. The church was completed in 1799, when the baroque crown was placed on top of the belfry. The church of the Beočin Monastery was designed as a single-nave, elongated building, whose altar apse is seven-sided on the outside, and semi-circular on the inside, and with rectangular choirs. The high, octagonal dome is supported by four free-standing pillars. Above an open, arcaded and rib-vaulted porch, soars a two-storied belfry. The western façade of the church is dominated by the stone portal with sculptured frame. The high, lavishly gilded baroque iconostasis is the joint work of Janko Halkozović, Dimitrije Bačević and Teodor Dimitrijević. The fresco painting is, unfortunately, almost completely destroyed, save for the scene of the Dormition of the Virgin on the north wall. The church of the Beočin Monastery is on its southern and western sides enclosed by monks’ dwelling-houses, which were eventually joined together in 1765. Systematic restoration of the Monastery complex was begun in 1986.

http://spomenicikulture.mi.sanu.ac.rs/

Манастир Беочин, са црквом посвећеном Вазнесењу Христовом, смештен је на северној падини Фрушке горе, у близини пута за Беочин. Његова историја прати се од средине XVI века, када се први пут помиње у турском дефтеру. За време Арсенија III Чарнојевића обновили су га монаси манастира Раче. Изградња данашње цркве започела је 1732. захваљујући прилозима Миливоја Миланковића из Футога и његовог сина Петра из Гложана, а окончана је 1799. постављањем барокне капе на звоник. Црква манастира Беочин конципирана је као једнобродна грађевина издужене основе са олтарском апсидом, споља седмостраном а изнутра полукружном, и правоугаоним певничким просторима. Четири слободна ступца носе високо осмострано кубе. Изнад отвореног аркадног трема, крстасто пресведеног, уздиже се двоспратни звоник. Западним прочељем доминира портал са каменим скулптованим оквиром. Високи, богатом позлатом украшен барокни иконостас дело је Јанка Халкозовића, Димитрија Бачевића и Теодора Димитријевића. Од живописа, чији је аутор Јанко Халкозовић, остала је сачувана само сцена Успења Богородице на северном зиду. Црква манастира Беочин окружена је са јужне и западне стране конацима, чије је спајање довршено 1765. Системска обнова комплекса започета је 1986.

Nobody has marked this note useful

Photo Information
Viewed: 822
Points: 2
Discussions
Additional Photos by Ivana Radovanovic (Iva) (82)
View More Pictures
explore TREKEARTH