TPP Nikola Tesla is a power plant complex operated by EPS, located on the right bank of the river Sava, approximately 40 km upstream from Belgrade, near the town of Obrenovac. By far the largest one in Serbia, the complex generates around 16 TWh annually, which covers almost half of Serbia's needs for electricity. The complex and two of its plants are named in honor of Nikola Tesla.
These power plants use lignite mined from the Kolubara basin as fuel. Coal is transported from the mines via a normal-gauge railroad about 30 km long capable of supplying a total of 37 million tons of coal a year.
- Copyright: Aleksandar Dekanski (dekanski) (1115)
- Genre: Places
- Medium: Color
- Date Taken: 2013-01-02
- Categories: Architecture
- Camera: Sony CyberShot DSC H50
- Exposure: f/8, 1/2000 seconds
- More Photo Info: view
- Map: view
- Photo Version: Original Version
- Date Submitted: 2013-01-02 10:43