The Kuveždin monastery is a Serb Orthodox monastery on the Fruška Gora mountain in the northern Serbian province of Vojvodina. Traditionally, its foundation is ascribed to Stefan Štiljanović. The first reliable record of its existence are dated in 1566/1569. In 2009, entire monastery complex has been reconstructed.
Kuveždin Monastery was declared Monument of Culture of Exceptional Importance in 1990, and it is protected by Republic of Serbia.
Nobody has marked this note useful
- Copyright: Aleksandar Dekanski (dekanski) (3644)
- Genre: Places
- Medium: Color
- Date Taken: 2012-06-21
- Categories: Ruins
- Camera: Sony CyberShot DSC H50
- Exposure: f/4, 1/100 seconds
- More Photo Info: view
- Map: view
- Photo Version: Original Version
- Date Submitted: 2013-03-30 7:38