Monastery is situated in Vālcea county and have been build in XIV century by the father of Vlad Tepeş. Have been rebuild in XVII century by the pious Romanian ruler Matei Basarab.
Painting inside is very beautiful.
A good place to visit.
Nobody has marked this note useful
- Copyright: Cosmin Nicu (ncosmin) (1189)
- Genre: Places
- Medium: Color
- Date Taken: 2007-06-16
- Categories: Architecture
- Camera: Canon Power Shot S2 IS
- Photo Version: Original Version
- Theme(s): The Wallachian Garden/Gradina Valaha, Christian Orthodox Art [view contributor(s)]
- Date Submitted: 2007-06-18 18:48