OAN SLAVICA THEATRE, ARAD
Address: 103rd Bulevardi Revolutiei
Dating: 1871-1874, modified several times
The city leadership for the first time the Compromise of 1867 incurred after the construction of new city hall and theater needs. Atzél Mayor Peter led the City Council voted to add bank loans, the total cost of the two buildings was estimated at 700 thousand forints. The first two buildings of the theater plan implementation began in 1871, Anthony Czigler architect Arad (or his son, Győző) plans. The building has three years to complete, originally alkalmas.1874 1,200 spectators was inaugurated in a large ceremony, the presence of Emperor Franz Joseph.
Standing next to the entrance of the White Cross opened from hotel (not the main square on the side as it is today), neo-Classical facade elements were rich, neo-Baroque interior decorations were characterized. The ceiling images Lotz Györgyössy designed by painter and teacher, Rudolf Arad prepared. The building burned down in 1883, reconstruction work Halmay Andor Arad, the architect was commissioned. The new theater in October 1885 Ciucului Gregory's presentation of a piece opened. Until 1913, the Cultural Palace, designed by Louis Szántay recovers the theater the first floor of the museum is also home to the Relic.
The interior decorations, like Julius Hermann Hall, Andras Toth sculpture building (Arpad Toth poet's father) made. The building burned down again in 1955, four years in the reconstruction of the interior completely redesigned the exterior but also significantly altered. The main entrance now relocated to the side of the Main Square, the main square facade was heightened, Milos Cristea was built, designed by the dominant facade colonnade. The auditorium will have significantly reduced the number of places, but have developed a studio room, the floor level.
Nobody has marked this note useful