Mogosoaia Palace was built in 1702 by Constantin Brancoveanu (Brancoveanu style - a combination of Venetian elements with zhe influence of Ottoman style).
The name comes from the widow of the Romanian boyar Mogoș, who owned the land it was built on.
Besides the palace, complex contains: watchtower, cuhnia (kitchen), guest house, glaciers and Bibescu family tomb, as well as the church "St.. George" located close to the courtyard walls (see map).
- Copyright: Aleksandar Dekanski (dekanski) (487)
- Genre: Places
- Medium: Color
- Date Taken: 2012-05-16
- Categories: Architecture
- Camera: Sony CyberShot DSC H50
- Exposure: f/5.0, 1/200 seconds
- More Photo Info: view
- Map: view
- Photo Version: Original Version
- Date Submitted: 2013-03-03 1:49